50% of our current students receive some form of assistance from Stoneleigh-Burnham, and many other families have been counseled in creative financing options. We are committed to supporting qualified, well-rounded, and positive students who would not otherwise have the opportunity to benefit from and contribute to our community.
Most of the available financial aid is offered to families who apply by February 15th. We are generally unable to offer financial aid to international students.
How to Apply for Financial Aid
- The Personal Financial Statement (PFS) should be completed online with the School and Student Service (SSS) by NAIS at sssbynais.org by January 30th. New families should complete the statement as soon as possible. You may estimate income and expenses if the exact numbers are not known. The Financial Aid Office will make corrections by referring to the IRS Form 1040. Here’s the information you need to apply via NAIS.
- Both custodial and non-custodial parents should upload a signed copy of their 2015 IRS Form 1040 with all schedules and statements as well as their 2016 W-2s to the SSS account or submit a paper copy to the Financial Aid Office on or before February 15*. The 2016 IRS Form 1040 with all schedules and statements should be uploaded as soon as feasible.
- Once your daughter has been accepted, and we have received the necessary paperwork, the Financial Aid Committee will meet to review your request for financial aid. The following paperwork is required:
- copies of your current and previous year’s Income Tax Returns
- copies of your W-2 forms for last year and previous year
- personal financial statement (PFS) submitted to SSS.
*When the due date falls on a weekend, forms are due the following Monday.
Applying for Financial Aid Online
Applications for financial aid can be made online starting November 1*. To apply for financial aid online, visit the School and Student Services’ website. Click on the icon at the top of the page that says “Apply”.
Information provided by School and Student Service by NAIS
- SSS by NAIS, PO Box 449, Randolph, MA 02368
- 2017-18 How To Apply for Financial Aid (prepared by SSS by NAIS)
- The Parents’ Financial Statement Workbook is a comprehensive guide to completing the PFS from start to finish featuring line-by-line instructions and is now available for the 2017-18 academic year.
Stoneleigh-Burnham has limited financial aid funding. Families submitting late or incomplete applications risk not receiving aid.